Dual 36V 3A Synchronous Step-down Converter with Current Limited Outputs
The AX3059 is a dual channel high efficiency, high voltage, synchronous step-down
DC-DC converters with integrated high-side and low-side switches.
The AX3059 employs proprietary constant on-time (COT) control that can support
100% duty cycle for low dropout applications. With 180kHz switching frequency and
controlled slew rate on switching node, the AX3059 minimizes EMI emissions and is ideal for
The device has a wide input range from 4V to 36V and can deliver two independent
outputs ranging from 0.8V to input voltage with up to 3A continuous current simultaneously.
Each output has programmable cable drop compensation and can be configured to have
one or two ports with individually programmed constant current regulation.
The AX3059 comes with complete protection mechanisms including cycle-by-cycle
current limit, under-voltage or over-voltage lock out, hiccup mode for short circuit or overload
events and over temperature shutdown.
The AX3059 is available in 5mmx5mm 20-pin QFN package.
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4V to 36V
- Supports 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- Simultaneous 3A Output Current per Channel
- Up to 4A Output Current for Each Channel
- Low EMI and Switching Noise
- 180kHz Switching Frequency with Spread Spectrum Modulation
- Programmable Constant Current Regulation
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation
- Integrated 52mΩ High-side and 42mΩ Low-side Switches
- Internal 3ms Soft Start
- 70ns Minimum On Time.
- Short Circuit Protection with Hiccup mode
- Thermal Shutdown with Auto Recovery
- Cycle-by-Cycle current limit
- Available in QFN5x5-20L package
- RoHS and Halogen free compliance
- Dual Port Car Charger
- Automotive and Industrial Supplies
- Point of Load